- Last year, around one million passengers traveled from Monse駉r Oscar Romero International Airport, with cities in the United States as their main destination.
- The number of travelers tends to rise annually: people are traveling more and more frequently, so it is of vital importance that travelers are properly informed so that their experience is satisfactory.
San Salvador, May 2019.- Travel fraud is a reality that is occurring not only in El Salvador and Central America, but throughout the world. In view of this, the Association of Authorized Travel Agencies of El Salvador, AVA, calls on travelers to be alert to possible frauds that unscrupulous people and companies carry out.
All agencies belonging to AVA are accredited by IATA, the International Air Transport Association. IATA is the trade association of the world磗 airlines and represents over 80% of the total air traffic. By preferring these agencies, consumers acquire travel services in a secure manner and is backed by financially sound and legally responsible entities.
These travel agencies are formally established companies that have adequate facilities in which to serve their consumers, as well as expert travel agents. The list of agencies can be found on the AVA website: www.ava.org.sv.
We urge consumers to follow the following tips to avoid fraud:
- When paying, demand an invoice to serve as collateral and support your purchase.
- Use technology to verify the existence of a travel agency, its trajectory and the average score obtained.
- Do not be fooled by offers that seem too attractive and that are only advertised through social networks. In case of doubt, confront the information with other sources.
- Check that the travel agency has physical facilities in a real address and ask your friends and family for references to check their reliability and reputation.
- Prefer buying through authorized travel agencies which are members of AVA.
For questions or additional information, you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org.